Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beth's Baked Brie

Every Christmas and Thanksgiving, my Aunt Beth would make this Baked Brie and everyone would hover around it until it was all gone.  Then it kind of disappeared for awhile until this Christmas... when it made an amazing comeback.  So when the time came for me to bring something to our girls poker night, I knew exactly what I wanted to bring.  My Aunt Beth always makes this with a round block of brie in a pie dish, unfortunately, Harris Teeter only had triangle pieces so I had to be creative.  I used 3 triangle blocks and it turned out to be just as delicious as a round block!  So without further ado...

Ingredients: 
Three triangles of brie
Approximately 1/4 cup of light brown sugar 
Handful of slivered almonds



Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Place brie in pie dish
Sprinkle brown sugar over brie, basically covering completely
Distribute slivered almonds on top for decoration (they look pretty when baked and add a little extra flavor)
Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the cheese bubbles and the center looks soft






No comments:

Post a Comment