Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lemony Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza

Ok readers, since the last recipe I posted was certainly one that would take a good deal of time (at least an hour), I decided to post my dinner from tonight that took me approximately 15 minutes to make up for it! This pizza is absolutely delicious...I was actually sad when it was over. Although it would probably make a better summer dinner, it was yummy in December and I highly recommend it! So here it is, the Lemony Zucchini Goat Cheese Pizza, adapted barely (in that the dough was not from scratch) from SmittenKitchen. Also, the pizza was very lemony...I may use less next time but it was very good this way as well.

1 Pizza Dough (Boboli Whole Wheat was an excellent choice for this pizza--available at Harris Teeter)
1 lemon
4 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
Few leaves of fresh basil, cut into thin slivers (I just used regular basil from my spice cabinet, as I did not feel like buying fresh basil just to make the pizza)
1/2 medium yellow zucchini, sliced as thinly as you can pull off with a knife
1/2 medium green zucchini, sliced as the same as above
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste


Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.

In a small bowl, stir together the goat cheese with the juice of half your lemon. Season it with salt and freshly ground pepper, and spread it over your pizza dough. Scatter basil over the cheese

Arrange your zucchini coins in concentric circles over the goat cheese spread, overlapping them slightly. I alternated the colors for visual appeal. Squeeze the juice of the second half of your lemon on top of your zucchini, then drizzle with olive oil and finish with more salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes (your baking time will vary, so please watch carefully), or until the edges of your pizza are golden brown and the zucchini looks roasted and a little curled up at the edges.

Cut into slices and serve! Enjoy! I have leftover ingredients and will probably make this again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment