|photo courtesy of Bethenny Frankel's website|
- 6 oz box whole wheat fettuccini or linguine
- 12 oz mushrooms (Use two or more different kinds. I buy the ready-made slice baby bella or crimini mushrooms or gourmet blend of mixed mushrooms)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp truffle oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring pasta water to a boil, seasoned with salt.
- In nonstick pan, over high heat spread out the mushrooms and the shallots with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes without touching or moving the mushrooms. Then flip them over and leave them sautéing for another 5 minutes. See below for tips on mushroom cooking*
- With tongs, remove pasta from water and add to pan and toss thoroughly.
- Add butter, low-fat sour cream, and vegetable broth, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and truffle oil. Again, toss thoroughly.
- Top with parmesan to taste and sprinkle parsley on top.